Video retrieval allows users to fetch non-event videos from recorded trips or footage beyond specific event triggers.
- Continuous video recording. This setting is in the device-level configuration file. It’s a default setting for many of our devices
- Integration with the SmartAPI Workstation and familiarity with SmartAPI requests and platform communication settings
- Ability to construct or currently have in place a media repository for retrieved footage
- Optional (2nd phase) – Replay trip breadcrumb trails on a map for video retrieval by approximate location
USE CASE AND FEATURE BENEFITS
Your driver claims they were delayed on a recent trip due to a crash impeding their route. This resulted in a detour. You can pull a video from the device based on the location of the intersection in question to validate the driver’s claim.
- See the context around trip irregularities and unauthorized route deviations
- On-demand trip video provides an opportunity for a thorough review to determine driver compliance and corroborate driver claims
- Efficient review of customer complaints around driver behavior for a specified period. Timeframe capabilities for review vary, so contact your account manager for details
- EAR (Earliest Available Recording) informs users of onboard device storage capacity
- Compare estimated trip timelines against recorded drive time to provide accurate route estimation. Save fuel and find optimization opportunities
- Ensure you’ve met the prerequisites and identified the web application you’d like to integrate.
- Connect with our SWAT team for integration meet and greets. We will help you prioritize the API requests and event subscriptions that will assist in building this feature. Subsequent meetings and action items will be scheduled and identified.
- Review and test with the SmartAPI Workstation to learn how to leverage the Sensata | SmartWitness API ecosystem. Dedicate some time for your devs to review the “Let’s Get Started” section of the API documentation. Reach out with questions or concerns regarding UI/UX best practices for trip history and GPS tracking breadcrumb trail implementation.
- Execute sprints. Contact our technical teams for assistance in resolving issues that arise.
Development involves mapping retrieved videos to a repository, trip visualization and search parameters to filter historical footage. To review more detailed instructions with your team, follow the link to our API documentation.